Friday, October 12, 2012

I see Blue, he looks GLORIOUS


As fall rears its beautiful head, I find myself in the midst of another season of life. Somehow, I have put enough of life's pieces together in order to start graduate school, buy a tiny closet condo and somehow still be a nurse all at once. Oh shit...I bought a condo, I'm a nurse and wait, what I'm in graduate school full time? Guess this is the ultimate be careful what you wish for moment. As the year moves forward I feel small moments of panic bubble up into my consciousness, so I smack those moments away and pour my energy into the downward dog of my yoga class. But when I'm not in the yoga class and the fluffy white clouds of Namaste zen have clouded over into an angry dark storm, I feel a little overwhelmed.

In addition, I am the proud survivor of a flash flood and the grateful owner of a non-destroyed Scion who by the grace of god survived the flood, despite being tragically abandoned in the midst of the raging waters. Unfortunately, I have not figured out how to remove the smell of Louisiana swamp ass from the framework of my vehicle (suggestions welcome). The memory of the flood follows me around like a dark cloud as bits of fine mud dust still stream out of the hatchback whenever it is opened. Perspective wise, I am so grateful to A) Be alive B) Have a working vehicle. Another adult lesson learned, always have comprehensive insurance coverage for your vehicle because the moment you don't, a freak hailstorm will come from the heavens and release baby head sized ice balls onto your car effectively inflicting horrible damage.....or you will get caught in a flash flood.

As the year moves forward into the glorious time of seasonal festivity and I continually slather myself in seasonal lotions, I count my many blessings and cling onto them with a hopeful death grip. (Scion roars triumphantly through muddy waters as I fist pump out the window). Scene.


4 comments:

  1. You are stinking hilarious, friend, and I love reading your blogs. :) Mad props and many hugs to you for this intense of life in the very full. Miss you!

    P.S. Have you tried an open container of baking soda in your car? :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! Thanks I shall try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes baking soda or baby powder!!!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete